Brother, fall has arrived.
Fall beers are among my favs, in fact here are 44 of my favorite St. Louis brewed fall beers. And along with good fall beer-drinking, comes good fall eating, that means chili is on!
Schlafly Bottlework’s annual Full Moon Festival is a free celebration of both beer and chili.
And not just any chili, but pots of boiling goodness cooked up by St. Louis’ top chefs.
The Schlafly Chef Chili Cook-Off has become a signature attraction for the event.
Guests purchase a ticket for $8 and receive samples of all five chili recipes as well as a ticket to cast a ballot for their favorite.
The chef with the most tickets at the close of the festival will be named the winner.
This year’s featured chefs include:
- Jason Tilford of Mission Taco Joint: Chef Tilford will feature his award-winning Steak and Black Bean Chili, with prime steak tips, black beans, and dried Mexican Chiles. The recipe won in the Webster Groves Chili Cook-off seven years in a row. Additional ingredients include Mexican chocolate, Coffee Stout, cinnamon and piloncillo, a raw Mexican brown sugar.
- Adam Altnether of Elmwood: The new Maplewood hotspot has received local acclaim – most recently being recognized as Riverfront Times Best New Restaurant. Chef and Partner Adam Altnether will showcase his understanding of approachable global flavors with his Pork Shank Chili Roja.
- Evy Swaboda of The Last Kitchen at The Last Hotel: The accomplished young chef will highlight her scratch American fare with her chili recipe. Swaboda is the executive chef for The Last Kitchen, the restaurant at the new boutique hotel in downtown St. Louis, The Last Hotel. She also oversees the hotel’s rooftop and additional food program. Her chili features ground beef, brisket, beans, smoked chilies, cheese curds and house tater tots.
- Brian Doherty & Marc DelPietro of The Block Restaurant and Butcher and 58hundred: The chefs and butchers will feature a chili with their own farmer’s hog, butchered by the chefs. The smoked pork chili is seasoned with their house made seasoning, house made pork rinds, smoked cheddar cheese, and pickled peppers to add a punch of flavor.
- Jerremy Kirby of Small Batch from Bailey’s Restaurants: With several St. Louis favorites in the family of restaurants, Dave Bailey has an arsenal of flavor profiles to tap for his chili from seasonal vegetarian fare at Small Batch to his latest concept, Knockout BBQ. His Chef de Cuisine Jerremy Kirby from Small Batch will represent the group with his chili recipe. Chef Jerremy Kirby will present a smoked chili with toasted Carolina Reaper peppers, house grown tomatoes from their own micro farm, dark chocolate, and Schlafly Oktoberfest. The chili will be garnished with pickled & caramelized sweet onions, coconut sour cream, and avocado.
Schlafly will offer seasonal beers available for purchase on the Bottleworks parking lot such including White Lager, Pumpkin Ale, IPA, Coffee Stout and more. For the food, just in case you’re not a chili person, the Schlafly culinary team will be roasting eight whole hogs.
Guests can purchase a Pig Platter with pulled pork sandwich and two sides as well as individual pulled pork sandwiches or sides. Live music will also be playing throughout the event.
Schlafly Bottleworks is located at 7260 Southwest Ave. at Manchester, Maplewood, MO 63143 on Saturday, November 9 from 4 p.m. to 10 p.m.
For more information on the Full Moon Festival, visit here or call Schlafly Bottleworks at 314-241-BEER.