When it comes to fun and drinking, I really love the allure of pop-up bars. The first pop-up I was able to attend was the “Miracle” pop-up when it appeared in St. Louis a few Christmas’ ago.
Others cater to pop-culture fandoms. Washington, D.C.’s Drink Company has hosted both a “Game of Thrones”–themed pop-up bar and “Stranger Things”–themed PUB called The Upside Down. The company also transformed D.C.’s Mockingbird Hill into a “Super Mario Bros.”–themed bar and created its third-annual Cherry Blossom PUB this spring. The Rookery in Chicago has had a “Big Lebowski” pop-up, and the former Eat the Rich space in D.C. has hosted a royal-wedding-themed PUB. There has even been the pop-up Arctic Bar in the North Pole, and coming up this summer in Denver is the Lego-themed Brick Bar.
Now, the allure of yet another concept is about to launch, beckoning St. Louis pop-bar and cocktail fans.
Travis Howard and Tim Wiggins, the team behind Retreat Gastropub (6 N Sarah St), and the island-inspired restaurant and bar, Yellowbelly (4659 Lindell Blvd), announced today the first pop-up at their new private event space, The Hideout (210 N. Euclid Avenue). Corpse Reviver will have, you guessed it, a Halloween theme. The new bright and modern space will transform into a haunted drinking den for just two weeks leading up to Halloween from Thursday, October 17 through Saturday, November 2.
The ghoulishly glam space will be decked out in all things Halloween from cobwebs to skeletons. The Corpse Reviver name pays tribute to the classic cocktail, and creative libations will be the central focus of the bar pop-up. Beverage Director and Co-owner Tim Wiggins and his Yellowbelly team have been working on developing the menu for a few months. He states, “It will be over-the-top. You’ve seen these pop-up bar experience for other holidays, but we want to celebrate all things spooky and cool for the Halloween season.”
If the drink names are any indication, Corpse Reviver will be a destination for Halloween celebrations. In addition, the pop-up is charity-focused as well and $1 for every cocktail will be donated to the ACLU of Missouri.
The full cocktail menu includes:
- Ghost Malone ($12): Rieger vodka, pineapple, coconut, almond, lime, ginger beer, “coco-caine” dust with a face tattoo
- Are You Afraid of the Dark? ($12): Rieger gin, Averna, Curacao noir, Jamaican rum, molasses, ginger, and lemon
- PSL ($12): Rieger whiskey, Caffè Amaro, pumpkin, maple, cream, lemon, and nutmeg
- Blood Moon ($12): Rieger gin, Campari, blood orange wine, blood orange soda, and cava
- Oaxacan Dead ($12): Banhez mezcal, Aperol, carrot, red wine grenadine, lime, balsamic, and mole bitters
- Cookie Monster ($12): Espolon blanco, cream sherry, ancho chile, walnut shortbread cookie, and bitters
- Boonana Daiquiri ($12): Duckett Blue & Gold rhums, banana puree, coconut cream, salt, and lime
- BoogeyManhattan ($12): Old Forester bourbon, sweet vermouth, candy corn amaro, and bitters
- Skeleton Swizzle ($12): Jamaican & Bajan rums, strawberry rhum, passionfruit, allspice, grenadine, and lime
- Death by Lawnmover ($12): Rieger gin, angoverna, pumpkin seed orgeat, and lemon
- Numbskull Punch ($34): Banhjez mezcal, Duckett Blue rhum, Aperol, blood orange, strawberry, pineapple, coconut cream, and lime
- Grim Creeper Punch ($32): Old Forester bourbon, Curacao noir, Campari, ginger apple cider, and lemon
- Hocus Pocus (N/A): Pumpkin seed orgeat, pineapple, coconut, and lime
The Corpse Reviver Pop-Up will be seated on a first-come, first-serve basis. The bar will be open from 6 p.m. until midnight. Parties over six people will be limited due to space restrictions. For more information, visit https://www.thehideoutstl.com/corpse-reviver.
More From Drink 314