It’s called St. Louis Craft Beer Week, but a week just isn’t enough time to celebrate all that is great and wonderful about the local and national brewing scenes and all the people that make and enjoy it.
That is why this year, the 8th Annual St. Louis Craft Beer Week will last 9 days.
St. Louis Craft Beer Week is an event-filled celebration of locally and nationally produced craft beer as well as the robust history of beer brewing in St. Louis, its devoted brewers and all beer lovers in St. Louis.
The week kicks off Friday, July 29th with the 2016 St. Louis Brewer’s Picnic, downtown at the intersection of 10th and Locust and wraps up on Saturday, August 6 with the 6th Annual Firkin Fest at International Tap House in the Soulard.
In between, St. Louis beer lovers will have more than 125 events all across the city and county, including several featured events:
- Beer Geek Fest – July 31st at the Craft Beer Cellar in Clayton featuring a grand tasting of beers from around the world. This free event provides samples of rare and well-known beers.
- Huevos con Cervezas – Milagro Modern Mexican hosts a delicious brunch every year the Sunday of St. Louis Craft Beer Week. Chef Jason Tilford pairs Mexican inspired dishes with craft beer produced local to St Louis. Don’t miss your chance for a unique beer and food experience. Call Milagro at 314-962-4300 to reserve your seat. More info here.
- Tallgrass Nuked Beer Pairing – August 1st at Fortune Teller Bar, this event pairs delicious Tallgrass beers with some of your favorite microwaved foods from your “misspent youth.”
- Trivia Night – August 2nd at Willow. Baileys’ Restaurants is hosting a great evening of trivia, beer and food at Willow, their new events space downtown on on Tuesday. Details can be found here.
- Barrel-Aged Blowout – August 3rd, highlighting a huge selection of big, barrel-aged beers at Llywelyn’s.
- The Class of 2011 (Urban Chestnut Brewing Co, Civil Life Brewing Company, 4 Hands Brewing Company, and Perennial Artisan Ales) have collaborated on a series of 4 beers that will all “debut” at St. Louis Brewers’ Picnic . On Wednesday August 3rd, you’ll have another chance to try all of these beers by visiting all 4 tasting rooms. Crooked Craft Brew Tours will be operating a shuttle bus visiting all 4 locations throughout the evening.
More information here.
- Saint Louis Hop Shop’s 2nd Annual Shrimp Boil – August 4th, taking place at the Byrd & Barrel, it’s a collaboration with the aforementioned Byrd & Barrel and 4 Hands Brewing. Enjoy some delectable 4 Hands beers paired with a traditional shrimp boil.
Celebrations at each venue range from Tap Takeovers to Beer Breakfasts and Dinners, Yoga and Beer, Meet the Brewer nights, homebrewing classes, special beer tastings and releases and more. Over 80 bars, restaurants, and breweries will be participating, including:
- Elijah P.’s Burgers & Brews
- Odell Brewing Company
- International Tap House
- 2nd Shift Brewing Company
- Cugino’s Italian Grill & Bar
- Narrow Gauge Brewing Company
- Boulevard Brewing Company
- Craft Beer Cellar Clayton
- Earthbound Brewing Company
- Artisans Cellar
- Ferguson Brewing Company
- Kirkwood Station Brewing Company
- Llywelyn’s Pub
- Mark Twain Brewing Company
- Morgan Street Brewing Company
- Old Bakery Brewing Company
- Perennial Artisan Ales
- Saint Louis Hop Shop
- Schlafly Brewing Company
- Shelton Brothers Inc.
- Six Mile Bridge Brewing Company
- The Tilford Restaurant Group
Additional St. Louis Craft Beer Week events:
Saint Louis Hop Shop / 2606 Cherokee St, (314) 261-4011
Battle of the Brothers
Two local guys with a passion for beer are going to be helping us with this dual tasting. One is responsible for (Downtown STL) Alpha Brewery’s legacy. The other brews for Morgan Street, one of Saint Louis’ oldest downtown breweries. Come by for an education on both operations and to see who is responsible for the beers coming from both fine establishments!
Boogaloo / 7344 Manchester Rd, Maplewood, MO 63143, (314) 645-4803
Breckenridge Food and Beer Pairing
Let Boogaloo tickle your tastebuds with their food pairings alongside Breckenridge beer!
21 Street Brewers Bar / 2017 Chouteau Ave, Saint Louis, MO 63103
Can Happy Hour with Stone Brewing
This summer Stone Brewing Company announced it would make its Stone IPA available in 12 ounce cans for the first time since being released in 1997. Now they come to the the 21st Brewers Bar on Chouteau to celebrate the release of more Stone beers in cans.
Urban Chestnut and 5 Star Burgers (3 Locations):
During STL Craft Beer Week 5 Star Burgers will be donating all of the proceeds from every UCBC sold to a local charity. Join them for a special happy hour at each location for a ‘keep the glass’ event:
- Creve Couer – benefiting ‘Youth in Need’ (7/29: 5pm-7pm)
Clayton – benefiting ‘Gateway to Hope’ (8/4: 5pm-7pm)
Kirkwood – benefiting ‘Angels’ Arms’ (8/5: 5pm-7pm)
Urban Chestnut at Central Table (23 South Euclid): 4pm
Urban Chestnut brings ten of their best beers to the Central Table taps, offering full pours & flights to kick off Craft Beer Week.
Exit 6 Pub and Brewery / 5055 Highway N, Cottleville, MO, (636) 244-4343
Chanukah Shtick at Exit 6
They have a hell of a lineup for STL Craft Beer Week. They start it off this Friday with Schmaltz Brewing and will have several beers available from them including their Star Trek beer with a pint glass. For all you Trekkies out there, this is a can’t miss. Plus we will have bar games with prizes to giveaway.
Earthbound Brewing Company / 2710 Cherokee Street. 314.769.9576
“The New Space” T-Shirt Debut
Pick up our newest one-off t-shirt! A deep-purple cotton t-shirt with yellow print looking deep into our “new space.” Designed a-la your favorite stoner/doom metal band’s t-shirts, this sweet tee will only be available until they are sold out. $15.
Elijah P’s & Old Bakery / 401 Piasa St, Alton, IL, (618) 433-8445
Keep the Pint
Kick off your weekend and #STLCBW at Elijah P’s! Buy a pint of OBB beer and you’ll be able to keep the dual-logoed pub glass (with both logos) while supplies last. As always, they’ll have The Observer on draft as well as a few other favorites.
The Barrel Bar / 1001 Rondale Ct, Dardenne Prairie, Missouri 63368
Each day during Craft Beer Week, the Barrel Bar will feature a new brewery each day.
July 30: STL DAY featuring 4 Hands, Schlafly, UCBC, Excel Brewing.
July 31: Two Brothers Brewing Company
August 1: Avery Brewing Brewing Company
August 2: Oskar Blues
August 3: Sierra Nevada
August 4: Abita Brewing
August 5: Sudwerk
August 6: Firestone Walker
Urban Chestnut at Gamlin Whiskey House (236 N Euclid): 10am
UCBC ‘Bier Brunch’ featuring a special brunch menu and beer pairing, beer flights, and brunch cocktails made with UCBC biers.
Urban Chestnut Grove Brewery & Bierhall: 10am-5pm
UCBC is so pumped to sponsor The Grove Criterium, that we’re bringing the Biergarten to our Grove Brewery & Bierhall! Join us at the corner of Manchester and Newstead for brats, Ices Plain & Fancy, live music, and a front row seat for the third turn of the race!
Urban Chestnut at iTap Central West End (16 South Euclid): 10am – Get yourself ready for a full week of craft beer enjoyment with the inaugural CBW 5K walk/run in Forest Park on Sunday July 31st! UCBC’s own Forest Park Pilsner will be on draught, encouraging runners to finish quickly so they can enjoy a beer! Runners receive a free beer upon completion as well as commemorative swag, specialty glassware from Mikkeller and more. Partial race fees will also benefit Forest Park Forever (because who doesn’t like to enjoy a beer in the park?) Tickets are available now on Brown Paper Tickets.
Urban Chestnut at Craft Beer Cellar (8113 Maryland Ave): 12pm – 8pm – UCBC will be on hand (2-4pm) for Craft Beer Cellar’s 2nd Annual ‘Beer Geek Fest;’ a rotation of 24 different breweries who will be pouring samples all day long. Totally free to attend!
Urban Chestnut at Randall’s (1910 S Jefferson Ave) – Join us at Randall’s for a movie night and beer tasting on their parking lot! Featuring the acclaimed, ‘Wet Hot American Summer’
Urban Chestnut at iTap Central West End (16 South Euclid): 8pm – UCBC and a host of other breweries will be on hand for iTap’s Weekly Trivia night!
Urban Chestnut at Quincy Street Bistro (6931 Gravois Ave) – Perdedor Lemon Lime Lager & Cuvee de Peche Peach Lambic will be paired with a special STL Craft Beer Week inspired dessert menu.
Urban Chestnut at Olio (1634 Tower Grove Ave): – Join Olio and UCBC for a Ku’Damm Cookout! Olio welcomes Django’s Tiger for some Gypsy Jazz! Olio will be cooking summer dishes on the patio, and featuring UCBC Ku’Damm Berliner Weisse alongside some specially made Berliner Syrups!
Cellar House / 6039 Telegraph Rd, St. Louis 63129
Crane Brewing Tap Take-over
Crane Brewing will be taking over our taps! All five of our handles will belong to them for the weekend, and the gang from Crane will be joining us Friday night for beer and good times. Tea Weiss, Grapefruit Gose, Saison, Farmhouse IPA, Farmhouse IPA with Brett.
Morgan Street Brewery / 721 N Second Street St. Louis, Missouri 63102 314.231.9970
6:00 p.m. to 10:00 p.m.
Come support Backstoppers & drink some delicious beer for free!! Just donate to the backstoppers at the event!
Urban Chestnut at Circle 7 Ranch (14412 Clayton Rd): 5pm-8pm – UCBC brings the Berlin Bier Festival to Ballwin! Join UCBC in a pop-up Biergarten while enjoying German food & bier!