How much great, locally crafted beer can one man take. Saturday night at the St. Louis Brewers guild 11th annual Heritage Festival, I sought out to find out, and sadly I could not reach the coveted, yet in-human goal of drinking it all.
But before you call me any names, remember we’re talking 50 plus breweries, 100 styles, a rare tasting tent, and a VIP experience you won’t want to miss next year.
My tasting list was impressive if I don’t mind saying.
- 2nd Shift Brewing | Little Big Hop with Blood Orange
- Narrow Gauge Brewing | Double Dry Hopped Cloud City
- Third Wheel Brewing | Ophelia’s Wit
- Third Wheel Brewing | Dyslexic API
- Wellspent Brewing | T-Rex Macarena
- 2nd Shift Brewing |LSD with coffee and vanilla
- Old Bakery Brewing | Citrus Wheat
- Perennial Artisan Ales | Owen
- 4 Hands Brewing Co. | Loose Particles
- Earthbound Beer | Red Hot Riplets Gose
- Gumbo Flats | Sneaky Bitch Raspberry Cider
- Bluewood Brewing | Arch City Haze
- Point Labbadie Brewery | Wee Heavy
- Steampunk Brew Works | New England IPA
- Two Plumbers | Single Hop IPA
I had a game plan and I stuck with it. My plan was to try as many rare tappings as possible and sample as many beers from the a group of brewers that have just opened onto the scene or expect to in the near future. Rare and New, that was the plan. But, it also meant a lot of great beer would go untasted.
Today, this post pays tribute to these beers that will still be sought and conquered at a later date.
The local beers I didn’t get to try but will soon
- Big Muddy Brewing | Galaxy IPA
- Earthbound Beer | Fuzzy Pickles
- Exit Six Brewery | Blood Orange Wit
- Jackson Street Brew Co. | Witty Wit
- Jackson Street Brew Co. | Dry Hopped Brown
- Main & Mill Brewing Company | Thin Mint Stout
- Missouri Beer Company | Hibiscus Pale Ale
- Narrow Gauge Brewing Co. | Hop Water #1
- Peel Brewing Co. | Blood Orange Wheat
- Peel Brewing Co. | ALTerior Motive – Altbier
- Recess Brewing | Broken Spoke
- Stubborn German Brewing Co. | Tighty Whitey (Witbier)
- Tin Mill Brewing Co. | Twisted Red Oak
- St. Nicolas Brewing Company | Velo Mello (Belgian Pale Ale)
- St. Nicolas Brewing Company |Pelaton (American Pale Ale)