Switchgrass Spirits has released the newest addition to its growing portfolio, American Single Malt. The new release was conceived a few years ago when Switchgrass partnered with eight St. Louis breweries to design a limited edition Common Bond Whiskey that uses beer brewing ingredients to create a single malt whiskey that was aged for one year in Missouri oak barrels.
Now that spirit is two years old.
“We are presenting an ingredient-forward whiskey in a style different from mainstream spirits,” said Sarah Miller a founding member of the distillery.
Enter your email here to subscribe to the weekly Drink314.com Newsletter
Using traditional beer brewing malts Switchgrass has created an American single malt whiskey with notes of tart cherry, chocolate, and fresh bread complimented by the warm vanilla flavor from aging two years in those Missouri White Oak barrels.
“Since our start, we have experimented with a variety of malted barleys and we hope to release a unique and limited American single malt each year,” said Miller.
It’s no secret that Missouri whiskey is prospering, highlighted by the creation of a unique class of spirits called Missouri Bourbon Whiskey. And the good news continues because now St. Louis’ newest distillery is creating a new spirit, in the spirit of helping others.
Where to find American Single Malt
- AO & CO. – STL
- BARREL BLENDS WINE & SPIRITS – AFFTON
- BEERSAUCE – ST. PETERS
- DOGWOOD WINE & SPIRITS – ELLISVILLE
- DOGWOOD WINE & SPIRITS – O’FALLON
- EXIT 6 PUB AND BREWERY – COTTLEVILLE
- FRANKIE MARTIN’S GARDEN – ST CHARLES
- FRIAR TUCK BEVERAGE – CRESTWOOD
- FRIAR TUCK BEVERAGE – FENTON
- FRIAR TUCK BEVERAGE – O’FALLON
- PARKER’S TABLE – STL
- RANDALL’S WINES & SPIRITS – JEFFERSON – STL
- RANDALL’S WINES & SPIRITS – SOUTHWEST – STL
- SCHNUCKS – HAMPTON VILLAGE – STL
- SCHNUCKS – RICHMOND HEIGHTS – STL
- SCHNUCKS – WASHINGTON
- SMALL BATCH – STL
- SOUTHSIDE WINE & SPIRITS – STL
- SPIRIT WINE & CRAFT – ST LOUIS – STL
- ST LOUIS HOP SHOP – STL
- THE WHISKEY RING – STL
- THE WINE & CHEESE PLACE – CLAYTON
- THE WINE & CHEESE PLACE – CREVE COEUR
- THE WINE & CHEESE PLACE – KIRKWOOD
- THE WINE & CHEESE PLACE – T & C
- WILD OLIVE PROVISIONS – STL