If you’re a fan of beer and food, then here’s some news for you. Here’s a list of 21 breweries that serve food and wish you would visit them.
22 Breweries that serve food around St. Louis
As St. Louis’ craft beer scene continues to grow, so does the appetite of those who embrace the community. Fans are hungry for more from their craft brewery experiences and are finding many beer makers responding. Some breweries now feature full-on kitchens while others are creatively partnering with existing and established chefs to provide unique dishes that not only satisfy but compliment the beer and they brew.
Here’s a list of 22 area breweries that offer both beer and food options for curbside pick up or on-premise consumption.
4 Hands Brewing Co. | 1220 S 8th St, St. Louis, MO 63104
Great beer and cocktails are awesome on their own, but offering tasty food can elevate the experience and allow folks to hang out a little more than if they were having drinks alone. That is why the brewery has partnered with Sidney Street Cafe & Peacemaker to create its menu featuring gourmet snacks, a salad, and hearty sandwiches. In addition to offering food for on-site enjoyment Thursday through Sunday, you can also order curbside carry out those same days.
- The Spicy Fish Sandwich: Spicy breaded flounder with tartar sauce, pickles, and lettuce on a Hawaiian bun.
- The Frisco Melt: Two burger patties, Incarnation IPA braised caramelized onions, Frisco sauce, and American cheese.
Alpha Brewing Co. | 4310 Fyler Ave, St. Louis, MO. 63116
They describe their menu as “bar food plus.” Everything on the menu is handmade and made in-house, except for their fries and hamburger buns. “We roll our own burger patties from ground beef tenderloin and make our own pickles,” said owner Derrick Langeneckert. Alpha, also makes all their own sauces, many of them barrel-aged. The chicken wings are brined in sour beer. Beer touches almost every part of the menu.
- Original Smash Burger: 100% ground tenderloin patty from Kenrick’s with onion, tomato, lettuce, hand-crafted pickles, grain mustard, ketchup, and white American cheese on a Fazio’s bun.
- Crispy Fish Sammie: Flaky, cornmeal breaded whitefish topped with mayo, lettuce, hand-crafted pickles on a Fazio bun.
Bluewood Brewing | 1817 Cherokee, St.Louis, MO. 63118
Since opening in September 2019, Bluewood Brewing has had the honor of co-existing with perhaps the best burger maker in this city. For legions of fans, Mac’s Local Eats is an institution. From whole cow, dry-aged beef smashed burgers to boudin, cracklins, and everything in between, they make everything from scratch. For now, the legendary lines to reach the ordering window are gone, replaces with a no-contact curbside ordering method. Just drive up, and a team member will greet you and take your order.
- The Classic: 1-3 beef patties with ketchup, mustard, pickles, onion, and American Cheese.
- The Lumberjack: 1 beef, 1 pork patty with American and Pepper Jack cheese, bacon, ketchup, mustard, pickles, and onions.
Charleville Brewing Co. |2101 Chouteau Ave. St. Louis, MO. 63103
The menu here features pub fare, easy shareable appetizers, burgers, sandwiches, and salads. During the week Tuesday-Saturday the menu is provided by the kitchen of Hamilton Steak House, which shares the same building as the brewery. On Sundays, they grill their own Smash Burgers, Beyond Burgers, Chicken Tenders, and Pretzel Bites with Beer Cheese Sauce.
- Smash Burgers, 1-2 or 3 patties served with pickle and onion
- Cauliflower Fritters: Served with Chimichurri creme fraiche.
The Crafty Chamaleon | 1384 Clarkson Clayton Center, Ellisville, MO. 63011
It’s great to add this place to the list because they recently became an official brewery. The menu here is broken into beer drinking favorites, pizza, and wings. Five signature pizzas as well as a ‘brew your own’ option, along with fire signature wing dishes, including the Chameleon, which is true to its moniker, and changes quite often. They’re also a few salad options as well.
- The Diavolo: Tomato sauce, pepperoni, scallions, serrano chilies, parmesan & mozzarella cheese (spicy)
- Fire Rub Wings: Habanero infused dry rub wings
Ferguson Brewing Co. | 418 S. Florissant Rd., Ferguson, MO 63135
Beer aside, what makes Ferguson Brewing such a remarkable brewpub, is its menu. It’s not a tasting menu, it’s a full-on restaurant menu that would stand on its own regardless of the beer on tap. Each section has multiple tasty choices ranging from snacks and dips, appetizers, soups and salads, wraps, flatbread pizzas, burgers, as well as several entrees.
- The Carnivore Flatbread: Red sauce, ground chuck, sausage, pepperoni, bacon, and mozzarella
- The Beef Brisket Sandwich: Slow smoked sliced beef brisket, BBQ rub, choice of original or spicy BBQ, pickled onions, regular bun
Friendship Brewing Co. | 100 E Pitman Ave, Wentzville, MO 63385
The taproom at Friendship is one that that needs to be seen to be appreciated. Practically a museum to the rich history of beer in St. Louis, Friendship welcomes all, and keeps its customers happy and full, with a robust and menu, anchored by some fantastic Barbecue and Pizza offerings. You’ll also find plenty of salad options as well.
- The Ribs – Dry rubbed and slow-cooked baby backs, topped with their house-made Hickory-Maple BBQ sauce.
- Bistro House Pizza – Pesto, chicken, bacon, fresh Roma tomatoes, parmesan, and fresh mozzarella on Italian flatbread.
Heavy Riff Brewing Co. | 6413 Clayton Road, St. Louis, MO. 63139
A Rock ‘n Roll bar, with an exceptionally good barbecue menu. Heavy Riff’s menu is pub style, but with many options. Starters, pulled meats, signature sandwiches and chilis, and full salads. The smoked Reuben is a personal stand out, as well as the Bleu Cheese Brisket salad.
- Smoked Reuben: House corned beef, slowly cooked on hickory and cherry wood, served on marbled rye bread, Wisconsin Swiss cheese, house-ginned sauerkraut, and topped with special Adobo 1000 Island dressing.
- Bleu Cheese Brisket Salad: Fresh mix of raw baby spinach and green leaf lettuce, tossed in homemade bleu cheese vinaigrette dressing and homemade candied pecans, topped with beef brisket, bleu cheese crumbles, and ginger cinnamon pickled onions.
Hopskeller Brewing Co. | 116 East 3rd Street, Waterloo, IL 62298
Located in downtown Waterloo, Illinois, Hopskeller’s menu is highlighted by the 19 handmade wood-fired pizzas. Grab a pint and settle in with the Dixie Chicken, with Smoked Chicken, Red Onion, Cilantro, Feta, Mozzarella, Spicy BBQ, Lime, or a personal favorite, the Helter Skelter, a pizza with Sausage, Pepperoni, Sweet Cherry Pepper, Bleu Cheese, Mozzarella. You’ll also find signature hotdogs, salads, and snacks as well.
Main and Mill Brewing Co. |240 East Main Street, Festus, MO 63028
The downtown Festus landmark is a brewpub with a full menu. The anchor of the menu are the burgers, all served Smash Style with two grilled all-beef patties with fries or chips. Not in a burger mood? No worries, you have many options as well.
- Smash Melt: Swiss and American cheese, caramelized onions, thousand island dressing on marbled rye
- Baked Mac & Five Cheese: Macaroni baked with smoked Gouda, Chevre, white cheddar, cream cheese, Parmesan, topped with pretzel crumbs
Missouri Beer Co. | 22 W. Industrial Dr, O’Fallon, MO 63366
Narrow Gauge Brewing Co. | 1595 N US Highway 67
Florissant, MO 63031
The Florissant brewery’s food options are part of their history, as Narrow Gauge was started in the basement of Cugino’s, an existing restaurant in Florissant. And, while the decision to have food at the brewery was somewhat accidental, the combo has been immensely successful for both. Cugino’s serves a range of items including smash burgers, sandwiches, pizza, salad, and pasta.
- PB & JJ Smash Burger: 5oz. patty, homemade salted chipotle peanut butter, jalapeno blackberry jam, Swiss cheese, bacon, toasted bun.
- Blackened Chicken Pasta: Blackened chicken, cream sauce, cavatappi noodles, salad
O’Fallon Brewery | 45 Progress Pkwy, Maryland Heights, MO 63043
O’Fallon is home to a full-on restaurant called the O’Bar. The O’Bar features a full pub menu with multiple choices for appetizers, two pub salads, five handmade flatbread pizzas, as well as 11 sandwich and wrap options.
- Prime Pub Burger: Made with ground prime rib cuts and served on a fresh-baked bun, lettuce, tomato, red onion, and homemade pickles.
- Beer-N-BBQ Chicken: Grilled chicken, tossed with their homemade beer-n-bbq sauce, topped with cole slaw on a fresh-baked bun.
Perennial at Lockwood | 214 West Lockwood Ave. Webster Groves, MO 63119
The best news brewery with food news of 2020, was the collaboration of Perennial Artisan Ales and Olive + Oak in Webster Groves. Perennial At Lockwood now features a small, albeit very gourmet menu with a sprinkling of appetizers, salads, and sandwiches.
- The Fish Cake: featuring Housemade Haddock cake, remoulade, bibb lettuce is a must-try.
- Cubano: braised pork, ham, swiss, beer mustard, bread & butter pickles served with fries
Petrichor Brewing | 7434 Village Center Drive, O’Fallon, MO 63368
One of the few breweries that manage and select the items they offer from our Kitchen. “We want it to match the care and flavor profiles we take such consideration in when brewing,” says the brewery on its website. The menu boasts a robust selection of appetizers, sandwiches, and wraps – highlighted by their Double Smash Burger. Also available, full salads and four flatbread pizza options.
- Chicken Quesadilla: Tender torn chicken, roasted corn and black beans, mozzarella and queso fresco combine for a flavor fiesta. Drizzled with Ancho chili sauce, served with sour cream and salsa.
Double Smash Patty Melt: Two Angus beef patties (smashed) with Swiss cheese, grilled onions and a house-made Horseradish sauce on toasted rye bread.
Rockwell Beer | 1320 S. Vandeventer Ave. St. Louis, MO.
The food situation at Rockwell is dream come true for burger lovers. The brewery partnered with the award-winning Niche Food Group, to open brassWell. brassWELL’s menu at Rockwell is inspired by the happy hour menu at sister restaurant Brasserie by Niche and features single or double-patty burgers, a classic beer brat, and thin-cut crispy fries, and yes, they even have a veggie burger.
- Mushroom Swiss Smash Burger: 1/4 lb beef patty with Swiss cheese, sautéed mushrooms, house pickles, dijonaise
- Moonbase Chili: Moonbase porter, jalepeno, cojita cheese
Schlafly | Taproom, Bottleworks and Bankside
The brewery has offered food since day one, all the way back in 1991. The whole idea of The Schlafly Tap Room was to emulate the English pub, and they knew that the food aspect of that was going to be very important. Now with three locations, the menu’s created by Adam Wagner is loaded with traditional menu items.
- Schlafly Burger: burger slaw, white cheddar, English muffin
- Fish Sandwich: beer-battered cod, lettuce, pickle, onion, tartar sauce, cheddar cheese, honey wheat
Six Mile Bridge | 11841 Dorsett Road, Maryland Heights, 63043
Back in June, the Maryland Heights brewery reopened its doors after a massive expansion that created a new tap-room and kitchen. Now, they feature a full-on pub menu, featuring four rice bowl dishes, several salad options, and a burger and sandwich menu.
- Hei Hei, an Adobe roasted chicken topped with a ghost pepper jack cheese sauce, served on an English muffin.
- Let’s Go Blues Burger, made from house-ground beef, topped with blue cheese & red wine braised onions, served on an English muffin.
Square One Brewery & Distillery | 1727 Park Ave., 63104
The longtime Lafayette Square staple has featured a full restaurant menu since opening in 2006. The menu changes monthly but is always robust. We begin with a plethora of choices for snacks or appetizers including delicious wings, pub chips, and pan-seared crab cakes.
- The Southwest Salad: Mixed greens, diced flank steak, corn salsa, diced tomatoes, red onion, Cheddar & Jack cheeses, & crispy tortilla strips with chipotle ranch
- Lafayette Square Philly: Thin sliced house-smoked flank steak served Philly style with Swiss, Cheddar & caramelized onions, served on a hoagie
Third Wheel Brewing Co. | 4008 N Service Rd, St Peters, MO 63376
The team at Third Wheel is passionate about the food and beer relationship. Here, you’ll find a high-end brewpub casual menu, with amazing apps, sandwiches, salads, and desserts that both pair well with their beers, some of which are used as ingredients. Everything is made in house. Nothing is purchased and re-heated. Quality is key to the menu.
- The Cubano with pork brined for a week and then marinated in a house mojo sauce. House smoked cured ham, baby swiss, mustard, house IPA pickles, Cuban bread.
- The Reuben, with house-cured and brined corned beef. Oven-roasted in Enter Sandman Red Ale, beer-soaked purple sauerkraut, gruyere, house-made Russian dressing on dark rye.
Twisted Roots Brewing | 3690 Forest Park Ave, St. Louis, MO 63108
Since opening, the Twisted Roots team has prided itself on using the best ingredients and styles from around the world to craft their beer. The same can be said about their menu. The brewpub has a menu that offers shared plates, gourmet burgers, and 14″ handmade pizzas.
- Twisted Rolls: 8 handmade egg rolls stuffed with corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese and served with house-made spicy Russian sauce.
- The Twisted Burger: a 1/2 pound burger with 4 Alarm Cheddar, red onion, pickles, and Twisted Sauce.
The decision to include food with beer goes to the brewery’s German heritage and experimenting with different flavors and techniques. The menu features American style pizza and European-inspired bar food.
- The Bratwurst Board has locally-made bratwurst from G&W that uses Zwickel, their flagship lager, served with housemade sauerkraut, spicy mustard, potato salad, and rye toast.
- The Mushroom Ricotta pizza is a blend of locally grown mushrooms from Ozark Forest and housemade ricotta. The Sunday Burger that changes every week and gives the kitchen staff the chance to get creative.