Beer and records.
Never thought to put those two together, but perhaps that is why I’m not in marketing. But leave it the brains at Schlafly Beer to come up with a way to bring the retro cultural revival of vinyl to beer, in the form of a new promotion for a limited edition version of its Pilsner pack.
The Pilsner pack made it’s return to the market back in August and thanks to all of us, the sessionable style is now part of the brewery’s 2018 portfolio.
Today, the brewery announced that for a limited time, the 12-bottle pack of the golden, crisp lager will come with a record affixed to the front which will feature a voucher inside for $5 off of any vinyl at local participating record stores across Schlafly’s distribution.
The special record packs will be available now through spring.
The retro resurgence of vinyl records pairs well with Schlafly Beer’s Pilsner, an original beer for the largest, locally owned brewery. Founding Brewer Stephen Hale explains, “Pilsner was one of the first beers that we brewed in 1991 so I’m glad the classic style has come back into favor. I’m equally as thrilled that vinyl has received a new appreciation in the last few years.”
This pilsner is made using Magnum and Tettnang hops from Germany giving the beer both floral notes and a definitive earthiness. “The Lublin hop, traditionally used in lagers, rounds out the medium-bodied malt character, and the noble Hallertau lends a hint of spice,” said Hale.
Here’s a list of where you can pick up your vinyl if you’re inclined.
- Vintage Vinyl (St. Louis, MO)
- Euclid Records (St. Louis, MO)
- Planet Score Records (St. Louis, MO)
- Vinyl Renaissance (Columbia, MO and Kansas City, MO)
- Waiting Room Records (Normal, IL)
- Culture Shock (Rockford, IL)
- Reckless Records (Chicago, IL)
- Love Garden Sounds (Lawrence, KS)
- Goner Records (Memphis, TN)
- Grimey’s (Nashville, TN)
- Guestroom Records (Louisville, KY)
- Square Cat Vinyl (Indianapolis, IN)
- Rainbow Records (Newark, DE)
- Record Collector (Iowa City, IA)
- Arkansas Record and CD Exchange (Little Rock, AR)