The voting is now done and two of St. Louis best local brewers certainly represented our area proudly in the recent polling conducted by USA Today 10Best.
Craft breweries are opening in record numbers in the United States – a whopping 861 of them in 2016 alone. USA TODAY 10Best wanted to find the best new breweries and the best brewpubs in the country.
In the best new breweries category, they looked at ones founded in the past three years and created a pool of 20 nominees, including Florissants own Narrow Gauge.
In the best brewpub category, 10 nominees were selected based on their selection of in-house beers, often alongside guest taps and a menu of tasty food options. Urban Chestnut was our local entry.
The voting is now complete and here is where our local favorites finished.
The top 10 winners in the category Best New Brewery are as follows:
- Bond Brothers Beer Company – Cary, N.C.
- Scofflaw Brewing Company – Atlanta
- Brew Gentlemen – Braddock, Penn.
- Cruz Blanca – Chicago
- Dovetail Brewery – Chicago
- Narrow Gauge Brewing Company – Florissant, Mo.
- The Answer Brewpub – Richmond, Va.
- Fieldwork Brewing Company – Berkeley, Calif.
- The Veil Brewing Co. – Richmond, Va.
- Great Notion Brewing – Portland, Ore.
The top 10 winners in the category Best Brewpub are as follows:
- Titletown Brewing Co. – Green Bay, Wis.
- Great Lakes Brewing Company – Cleveland, Ohio
- Boxing Bear Brewing Co. – Albuquerque
- Ecliptic Brewing – Portland, Ore.
- Brewery Vivant – Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Founders Brewing Co. – Grand Rapids, Mich.
- Austin Beer Garden Brewing Company – Austin
- Urban Chestnut Brewing Company – St. Louis
- 12Degree Brewing – Louisville, Colo.
- Redlight Redlight Beer Parlour – Orlando